Sunday, February 24, 2013

SND 2

Ha. Well. My girlfriend just told me she'd read my blog and liked my comments about SND.

I was like, "WHAT? ... that was published? I only meant to save it and look at it later before publishing," because I'd written it late at night after a few beers with a mate and like a lot of people, I learned a long time ago never to send dunk, late night emails.

Anyway, it's had a lot of hits, altho no comments. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. 

It also explains something on Friday. One of the girls in our department, Jane, said she'd seen my comments on SND and then saw my blog. I said, "You shlda seen the entry I didn't publish." She gave me a funny look - now I know why.

She must've been thinking "If that's what he published, what on Earth did he leave out?"

ANyway, I guess that's what a blog's for yeh? To paraphrase the Dude from The Big Lebowski, "It's just, like, my opinion, man."

And I'd say we will be back next year although after my spray I don't expect we'll do too well!!

Also I am realistic about them. A few years ago we were coming into award season and I asked the then editor what was the better film, No Country for Old Men or There will be Blood? He started prattling on about There will be Blood then stopped and asked, "Hang on ... Why?"

I told him, "Because there's no correct answer, you'll say No Country for Old Men, I'll say There will be Blood and there's no telling what the people at SND are going to say."

On that note, enjoy the Academy Awards tonite!





No comments:

Post a Comment